SMS stands for Short Messaging Service, and centers around cell phone texting. SMS Payment Solutions allow businesses to text customers with payment reminders/confirmation and accept payment via the cell phone.
If you live in the United States or Canada, you’ve probably seen charity commercials asking for donations through text messages. Implementing SMS Payment Solutions For Charity allows mobile phone users to make donations simply by texting a keycode to an SMS shortcode (a short number that is easier to remember than a full telephone number), and then receive a payment confirmation text message.
Every provider should offer data security and PCI compliant SMS payment solutions. Here are more to look for:
- PCI Compliance: Payments by Text |SMS is not typically a PCI compliant route. Instead, send trackable links to custom microsites to securely collect credit card details via smartphone browsers delivering your customers a secure, rich, branded and PCI compliant experience.
- 2-way SMS: Set up automated SMS replies based on chosen keywords, allowing customers to respond for more information or speak to an agent.
- No code, self-service: Set up your message content, reply logic, fail-over settings and gateway integration without the need for any code. This gives the business control over their flows, no need for any managed service charges or change fees.
- Global Number Purchase: Purchase numbers in the regions where your customers are located, improving international deliverability and response rates.
- Fail-overs: Link in voice or email if SMS delivery fails or if payment fails. SMS is an extremely effective way to reach your customers and delivery rates are high, but SMS delivery is not something that can be guaranteed. Therefore the ability to switch to another channel such as voice or email is beneficial if an SMS fails because of carrier network issues/maintenance, unavailable handsets or bad numbers.
- Stored Payment Method: For recurring payments, the ability to offer stored credit card details provides a more seamless experience and makes the payment process more convenient for the end users.
- Network quality: Choose an SMS partner with high quality carrier connections and who specializes in business critical communications, not marketing. It is also important to always have a dedicated number unique to your campaigns, stay away from any shared or random numbers. The telco carriers all have spam filtering and volume restrictions designed to protect their end users, and if you aren’t careful even legitimate business messaging can get caught by those filters. The right partner who truly understands this space can advise you on the correct numbers to use and assist you with any compliance questions you may have.
Implementing IVR Solutions For Charity is a win/win situation: live workers are under less pressure to operate calls, and customers have an easier time donating — meaning the charity receives more money!