Bill Presentment and Payment
The BillFind+Pay bill presentment and payment solution provides companies and organizations a web based system that allows customers to lookup their payables by entering in account related data, e.g., Invoice Number, Account Number or other merchant definable fields. Billers upload Bill Definition files using sFTP that contain customer receivable information and direct their customers to the BillFind portal. Merchants can choose to accept Credit Cards, eChecks (ACH) or both as payment vehicles. BillFind+Pay differs from an electronic invoice that is generated and delivered to customers in that the customers lookup their bill themselves, and once located they make payment.
The bill presentment system can be used in concert with the IVR Payment system. Both systems are designed to streamline the receivable process and reduce man hours required to process and originate receivables. Organizations and businesses that accept payments over the phone using customer service employees can find a huge reduction in man hours.
Loaded with Features
- Ordered Billing: Billers can require that their customers remit payment on a series of bills in a specific order. For example, due dates – the biller can require a customer to pay multiple bills in the order of date due, eliminating bills skipped over.
- Multiple Payments: Customers can make payment on more than one bill at once.
- Customized Billing Rules: A biller can define rules like Pay Entire Amount or Oldest Payment First.
- PDF Invoice: Customize the bill presentment to include a PDF invoice that customers can download for their records.
- Update Bill Definition Files whenever needed via secure FTP.
- Customizable Receipts: Billers can setup automated email delivery of payment receipts using the dashboard notification system as well as print receipt function.
- Customize the Customer search experience: Multiple fields can be employed to make the user experience easy for your customers to locate and pay their bills. The following fields can be used for search fileds:
- Customer ID
- Customer Name
- Unique Bill ID
- Bill Number
- The above fields can be labeled to better match a billers nomenclature. For example, Invoice Number might be a better label than Bill Number.
- Any of the additional four biller definable fields.
The Bill Presentment and Payment system can be used with and existing merchant account. If you do not have an existing credit card merchant account, one can be provided. To use the system with eChecks, we must provide that portion of the processing account.
The Bill Presentment and Pay solution from Agile Payments utilizes a csv template for the purpose of populating the customer data in order for them to locate and remit payments for all outstanding invoices related to their account. Partial payments can be accommodated via a specific csv file template. Billing companies simply provide a menu item and url on their website which directs their customers to the hosted Bill Presentment and Payment site. Billing organizations have their choice as to what searchable fields are available. In some cases a billing company might only want to make available account number for locating an invoice. In other cases a billing company might want to make available name search, phone, email or more.
There are many available options for reporting of transaction originations, status, rejected items, settlements, deposits and future transactions:
- Automated email delivery of daily originations and rejected transactions.
- Reporting via a Virtual Terminal can be accessed by any member of the merchant organization who has been granted access and reporting permissions. Summary and detailed reports are downloadable in a number of formats:
- Web archive
- API: Organizations having development capabilities can opt to integrate their operational software for receiving reporting data, including using webhooks for near realtime transactional status. Both BOAP and RESTful API’s are available for reporting integration of the Bill Presentment solution.
Many businesses have a goal of reducing the cost of receivable payment acceptance. Providing a Bill Presentment and Payment solution is a good step in doing so. This solution can be implemented with absolutely no development programming. It just makes sense to provide as many technology channels as possible for merchant customers to locate and pay their invoices with zero involvement from the merchant organization’s customer service team. Moreover, customers get irritated if they call and have to wait for a customer service representative in order to make a payment. Happier customers lead to better retention.
In terms of security, the BillFind+Pay solution resides on a PCI level 1 certified platform. And let’s not forget the inherent risks with live customer service agents taking sensitive credit card or checking account data over the phone. Potential disgruntled employees are removed from the risk factor in handling credit card are ACH payments data.
All companies seek to satisfy their customers. Technology has brought great abilities to present billing statements and methods to accept the associated payments. There are few companies who have yet to embrace these new payment acceptance technologies that have recently come about. Let’s get your organization on-board with some new tech – a Bill Presentment and Payment solution.
Contact us to discuss what Agile Payments can do for your organization for Bill Presentment and Invoice lookup.. Agile Payments has been supplying organizations with payments related tools for 18+ years and . We know payments tech. We are hear to listen to all your billing and payments needs and we will formulate the best options for your organization. If we think there’s someone else who can better serve your needs, we will be the first to tell you.